RESEARCH AND TEACHING INTERESTS
Heating, Ventilation and Air Conditioning
Numerical Analysis on Air Flow
Refrigeration and Thermal Storage System
Ph.D in HVAC Engineering, Dept. of Thermal Engineering, Tsinghua University, 1995
B. Sc in HVAC Engineering, Dept. of Thermal Engineering, Tsinghua University, 1990
Visiting Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana－Champaign, 11/2006-05/2007
Deputy Director, Institute of Built Environment, Tsinghua University, 01/2006-present
Professor, Dept. of Building Science, Tsinghua University, 12/2003-present
Associate Professor, Institute of Built Environment, Tsinghua University,07/1997-11/2003
Lecturer, Department of Thermal Engineering, Tsinghua University, 07/1995-07/1997
Since 1995, Dr. Li has been the PI or Co-PI for more than 60 sponsored research projects.
Numerical Simulation on Indoor Air Flow ( graduate level)
Design of HVAC Project (undergraduate senior level)
HONORS AND AWARDS
National Natural Science Foundation for Distinguished Young Scholar, China (2011)
Mao Yisheng Technical Award for Distinguished Youth in Beijing (2007)
Support for Excellent Talents in New Century, Ministry of Education, China(2005)
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION AND SERVICE
Vice-President of Commission E1, International Institute of Refrigeration
Vice-President of Chinese Association of Refrigeration (CAR)
Vice Chair of Commission V: Air conditioning and Heat Pump, CAR
Vice chair of Beijing Association of Refrigeration
Administrator of CAR-ASHRAE Beijing Group
Chair of Commission of Ventilation, CCHVAC
Editorial Board Member of Indoor and Built Environment, Journal of HVAC, Journal of Refrigeration, Refrigeration and Air-conditioning etc.
Up to now, Dr. Li has published 5 books or chapters in book, 60 journal papers in English, 70 journal papers in Chinese, 40 conference papers in English, 35 Chinese patents. Some of the publications are listed as follows:
1. Yanshun Yu, Xianting Li, Wenxing Shi, Zheng Wang. Modeling and application of tailrace tunnel ventilation in hydropower station. China Science Press, 2010 (In Chinese).
2. Xianting Li, Bin Zhao. Numerical Analysis on Indoor Air Flow. China Machine Press, 2009 (In Chinese).
3. Xianting Li, Hao Cai, Lina Zhao. Chapter 1: Antiterrorist Emergency Ventilation: System, Strategy and Decision-Making (72 pages) in “Terrorism Issues: Threat Assessment, Consequences and Prevention”. Editor: Albert W. Merkidze, ISBN 978-1-60021-929-0, Nova Science Publishers, Inc, 2008.
4. Xianting Li, Wenxing Shi et al．Built Environment Science，China Architecture & Building Publishing House, 2006 (In Chinese).
5. Xianting Li, Wei Wu, Xiaoling. Zhang, Wenxing. Shi, Baolong Wang. Energy saving potential of low temperature hot water system based on air source absorption heat pump. Applied Thermal Engineering, 2012,48:317-324
6. Xianting Li, Xiaoliang Shao, Xiaojun Ma, Yuanhui Zhang, and Hao Cai. A numerical method to determine the steady state distribution of passive contaminant in generic ventilation systems. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2011, 192(1): 139–149
7. Xianting Li, Fenfei Zhu. Response Coefficient: A New Concept to Evaluate Ventilation Performance with "Pulse'' Boundary Conditions.Indoor and built environment，2009, 18(3): 189-204
8. Xianting Li, Jiujiu Chen. Evolution of contaminant distribution at steady airflow field with an arbitrary initial condition in ventilated space. Atmospheric Environment，Atmospheric Environment, 2008, 42(28): 6775-6784
9. Baolong Wang, Xianting Li, Wenxing Shi, Qisen Yan. Design of experimental bench and internal pressure measurement of scroll compressor with refrigerant injection. International Journal of Refrigeration, 2007, 30(1): 179-186.
10. Xiaojun Ma, Xiaoliang Shao, Xianting Li, Yiwei Lin. An analytical expression for transient distribution of passive contaminant under steady flow field. Building and Environment, 2012, 52:98-106.
11. Hao Cai, Weiding Long, Xianting Li, Lingjuan Kong, Shuang Xiong. Decision analysis of emergency ventilation and evacuation strategies against suddenly released contaminant indoors by considering the uncertainty of source locations[J]. Journal of Hazardous Materials, 2010,178(1-3):101-114.
12. Hao Cai, Weiding Long, Xianting Li, Barker Douglas. Evaluating emergency ventilation strategies under different contaminant source locations and evacuationmodes by efficiency factor of contaminant source (EFCS)[J]. Building and Environment, 2010, 45(2): 485-497.
13. Baolong Wang, Wenxing Shi, Xianting Li. Numerical analysis on the effects of refrigerant injection on the scroll compressor[J], Applied Thermal Engineering, 2009, 29 (1): 37-46.
14. Shuangquan Shao, Wenxing Shi, Xianting Li, et al. Simulation model for complex refrigeration systems based on two-phase fluid network - part I: model development[J], International Journal of Refrigeration, 2008, 31(3): 490-499.
15. Wenxing Shi, Shuangquan Shao, Xianting Li, et al. Simulation model for complex refrigeration systems based on two-phase fluid network - part II: model application[J], International Journal of Refrigeration, 2008, 31(3): 500-509.