REASEARCH AND TEACHING INTERESTS
Architectural Design Research
Preservation and adaptive reuse of Chinese modern architecture
Doctor of Engineering / Architecture, School of Architecture, Tsinghua University, 2007
Master of Architecture, School of Architecture, Tsinghua University, 1989
Bachelor of Architecture, Department of Architecture, Tsinghua University, 1986
School of Architecture, Tsinghua University, Beijing, China
Assistant Professor (1995-present)
Assistant Lecturer (1989-1992)
1．Library of North China Electric Power University, Baoding (completed)
2．Museum of D.E.E.J., Dong’e, Shandong (completed)
3．Sir. Run Run Shaw Library of Northwest Normal University (completed)
4. Lab Tower of Northwest Normal University (completed)
5. No.10 Classroom Building of Northwest Normal University (completed)
6. The First High School of Wanzhou, Chongqing (completed)
7. City hall of Wanzhou (completed)
8. Library, Gymnasium, Conference Center and Teaching Buildings in Chongqing Three Gorges Medical College, Wanzhou (completed)
9. Three Gorges Pinghu Building Complex, Wanzhou (completed)
10. Hall of Wanzhou Meteorology Bureau and Post Office, Wanzhou (under construction)
11. The Museum and Exhibition Hall of city construction, Ganzhou, Jiangxi (completed)
Architectural Design I (autumn semester, for the first year students)
Architectural Design VII (spring semester, for the fourth year students)
The basis of the architectural design II (spring semester, cooperate with Guo Xun)
Formation and Composition（autumn semester）
Architectural Design for Master of Science (spring semester)
HONORS AND AWARDS
1. Library of North China Electric Power University:
The First Prize of Hebei Provincial Construction Engineering Survey and Design Awards, 2003.
2. Sir. Run Run Shaw Library of Northwest Normal University:
The First Prize of Gansu Province Outstanding Engineering Design Awards, 2002.
The Second Prize of Sir Run Run Shaw donation program awards organized by the Ministry of Education in 2003.
3. The Lab Tower of Northwest Normal University:
The Third prize of architectural design awarded by the Ministry of Education,2004.
The Third Prize of Gansu Province Outstanding Engineering Design Awards, 2005.
4. No.10 Classroom Building of Northwest Normal University:
The Second Prize of Gansu Province Outstanding Engineering Design Awards, 2010.
5. City hall of Wanzhou:
The Second Prize of Chongqing’s Outstanding Engineering Design Awards, 2010.
6. The Ganzhou Museum and Exhibition Hall of city construction:
The Second prize of National Excellent survey and design project awards, 2011
7. Architectural design innovation and practice of teaching basic platform:
The First Prize of Tsinghua University Teaching Achievement Awards for 2006.
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Fellow of the Chinese Society of Landscape Architecture
1．A new chapter of contextualism architecture: the Museum of Modern Art of Frankfurt am Main, collaborated with Nie You Kun, WA,1992.01
2. A.W. Netsch and “Field Architecture”, New Architecture, 1989/03
3. A Study on Wuhan Modern Architectural Heritage Protection and Reuse，Journal of Architecture, 2007.05
4．Chinese Modern Architecture preservation as a cultural phenomenon, WA, 2008.11
Unbearable pain of losing color: Color problems in the Modern Architecture Protection and Reuse，2006 International Symposium of the history of modern Chinese architectural.
Western classical architecture (the Classical -19 century, British chapter), collaborated with He Congrong, Henan Science and Technology Press, 2000