RESEARCH AND TEACHING INTERESTS
Architectural and Urban Aesthetics
Architectural and Urban Design: Theory and Practice
Undergraduate level: Architecture Design Studio/ Architecture Design Theory
Graduate level: Architecture and Urban Design Studio/ Architecture and Urban Design Theory
Associate professor, School of Architecture, Tsinghua University, 2012-
Post-graduate research fellow, lecturer, School of Architecture, Tsinghua University, 2008-2012
Ph.D. in Engineering, School of Architecture, Tsinghua University, 2008
Master of Architecture, School of Architecture, Tsinghua University, 2004
Bachelor of Architecture, School of Architecture, Tsinghua University, 2001
Architectural Design Studio
Architecture and Urban Design Studio
International Cooperation (in recent four years)
1. Beijing 2049: A Strategic Research on the Mega-city Region of City Beijing towards Year 2049, 2008-
2. City Planning, Construction and Government, Key research project of multi-disciplinary study, funded by Beijing Municipal Education Committee, 2008-2012
3. Research on the Scientific Values of the Innovation and Creation of Ancient Human Settlements as Cultural Heritage (Research Project of China Cultural Heritage Bureau). 2008-2012
4. Research on the long-term influence of the Olympic Game to the development of City Beijing, 2008
5. Study on Contemporary Beijing Administration Space, 2005-2009
6. Architecture and Landscape Design, Campus of Guangdong University of Technology and the Guangzhou Academy of Fine Arts, 2003-2007
7. Preservation, Urban Revitalization Study and Urban Design of Da Shi La Historical Area, Beijing, 2004-2006
8. Preservation and Urban Re-generation Study, and Urban Design of Zhongshanlu Historical District, Qingdao City, Shandong, 2003-2005
HONORS AND AWARDS
1. First Prize of Tsinghua University Teaching Competition, 2012
2. One of Ten Nominees for Emerging Academic Stars of Tsinghua University, 2008
3. Excellent Teacher of National Architectural Education, 2006
PROFESSIONAL AFFILITIONS AND ACTIVITIES
Symposium of “VERTICAL CITY ASIA”, Singapore, 2012
Symposium of “VERTICAL CITY ASIA”, Singapore, 2011
Symposium of “REUSING THE INDUSTRIAL PAST”, Finland, 2010
Secretary of Architectural Accreditation Committee in the Architectural Society of China
1. Wang Hui. Form and Meaning of Architectural Aesthetics. China Architecture and Building Press, 2012.
2. Wang Hui. Administration Spaces in Beijing, Tsinghua University Press, 2011.
3. Zhu Wenyi, Wang Lu, Shan Jun, Zhang Yue, Wang Hui, et al. Soft New York: 10th Venice Biennale, International Student Workshop, School of Architecture, Tsinghua University, Tsinghua University Press, 2007.
1. Thinking And Practicing In Architectural Design Education In An Age Of Transition: Also On The Basic Design Courses In Tsinghua University . World Architecture, 2013 (3): 125-127.
2. Heart And Object of Aesthetic Feeling: The Binary Category of Chinese Traditional Architectural Aesthetics (1) . World Architecture, 2012 (7): 110-113.
3. Concision And Abundance of Aesthetic Meaning: The Binary Category of Chinese Traditional Architectural Aesthetics (2). World Architecture, 2012 (8): 114-117.
4. Research on Spatial Influence by the 2008 Olympic Games in Beijing. Beijing Planning Review, 2012 (5): 19-23.
5. A Primary Study on the Architectural Education of International Architectural Schools: On the Cases of Cambridge, Harvard, MIT and Rome University. World Architecture, 2012 (2): 114-117.
6. Studio Teaching Reports on Urban Fixing (13): International Student Competition of Vertical Cities Asia About "Fresh Air" in Chengdu Wanan and the Tsinghua Solutions. World Architecture, 2012 (4): 124-129.
7. Studio Teaching Reports on Urban Fixing (16): International Student Competition Of Vertical Cities Asia About "Everyone Ages" in Yongshan of Seoul and the Tsinghua Schemes. World Architecture, 2012 (10): 116-119.
8. Studio Teaching Reports on Urban Fixing (12): Urban Fixing Design in Beijing. World Architecture, 2012 (3): 124-129.
9. Study on “Shape” and “Pattern” of Western Classical Aesthetics of Architecture: Form and Meaning of Western Aesthetics of Architecture (1). World Architecture, 2011 (9): 100-103.
10. The Spirit of “Modernity” in Western Modern Aesthetics of Architecture: Form and Meaning of Western Aesthetics of Architecture (2). World Architecture, 2011 (10): 118-122.
11. Development on Western Contemporary Aesthetics of Architecture: Form and Meaning of Western Aesthetics of Architecture (3). World Architecture, 2011(11): 110-113.
12. Talking from Mr. Liang Ssu-Ch'eng’s “Vocabulary, Grammar” Thought: Architecture and Urban Linguistics in the Chinese Context. Architectural Journal, 2011 (1): 174-177.
13. Investigation and Research of Space Situation and Development Model of Central Urban Area in Beijing. Vertical City Asia 2011. 2011 (7).
14. Studio Teaching Reports on Urban Fixing (3): Transformation Design of National Centre For the Performing Arts, World Architecture, 2011 (6): 120-124.
15. Studio Teaching Reports on Urban Fixing (4): Transformation Design of the New CCTV Site, World Architecture, 2011 (6): 122-125.
16. The Comparison of Chinese and Western Architectural Aesthetics on Dual Perspective: Dialectics of Architectural Aesthetics (2). World Architecture, 2010 (11): 130-133
17. The Study on Architectural Aesthetics under the Concept of Human Settlements: Dialectics of Architectural Aesthetics (2). World Architecture, 2010 (10): 120-123.
18. The Industrial Heritages and Tampere City, Architectural Journal, 2010 (12): 21-24.
19. Sixty Years Of China Architecture，Architectural Journal, 2009 (10).
20. 1949~1979 China Architectural Education, Architectural Creation, 2009 (9).
21. Liaison Offices in Beijing and Contemporary Urban Space in Beijing, Beijing Planning Review, 2007 (7).
22. Community Offices in Contemporary Beijing, Beijing Planning Review, 2007 (9).
23. Official Community Offices and Contemporary Beijing, Beijing Planning Review, 2007 (11).
24. Governmental Administration Building in Beijing, Architectural Creation, 2007 (10).
25. Research on the Governmental Administrative Service Centers in Beijing Eight Main Districts, Architectural Creation, 2007 (12).
26. Police Stations and Contemporary Beijing City, Beijing Planning Review, 2008 (1).
27. Contemporary Beijing Municipal Administrative Space, Beijing Planning Review, 2008 (2).
28. Report on Contemporary Beijing Administrative Space, Beijing Planning Review, 2008 (3).
29. Beijing District-Level Administration Building, Architectural Creation, 2008 (5).
30. Evolvement of the Western City’s Administration Space, World Architecture, 2006 (6).